pepper’s core product is a kit that enables the conversion of diesel buses and trucks to electric vehicles.
Key sustainability features of pepper’s solutions:
- Virtually zero local emissions in the operating phase*
- Development of ‘Second-life’ & ‘Third-life’ concepts for our batteries to reduce production of new batteries
- Highly energy-efficient drive and control systems
- ‘Design for re-use’ and ‘Design for recycle’ approaches in the development of new components
- Disposal of old diesel parts according to the 4R’s of sustainable waste management (Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, Recover)
- Short and local supply chains to reduce emissions and support the local economy (approx. 80% of our Tier A suppliers are from Germany and 20% from the EU)
* Bio-diesel is used in the Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) system of our buses, when it is not electrically powered. Added to that, the air conditioning coolant has a low CO2 impact..
** Tier A are those suppliers most relevant to the production of our electrification kit.
In addition to our kit, we develop software solutions in-house to manage the EV’s charging infrastructure. Through these smart solutions, our clients can not only regulate their power consumption and keep costs low, but also forecast their energy demand and usage.